The official sister cities of Cuernavaca are Minneapolis and Denver; two unlikely relatives for a place nicknamed by Prussian explorer, Alexander Von Humboldt, as the “city of eternal spring.” With a location on the southern slope of the Sierra de Chichinautzin, the short drive south from D.F. transports one to clear skies and a noticeably slower way of life. It’s no surprise Cuernavaca has been a preferred retreat for Aztec emperors, Mexico City dwellers, and celebrities alike.
Tucked away in the historic “Centro” neighborhood is the 24-room Flor de Mayo Hotel + Restaurant; En Bloc Hotels’ choice for a quick getaway from the megalopolis. A melange of Mexican traditions and contemporary design, Flor de Mayo is an outlier from it’s neighboring edifices. Once inside the reclaimed 19th century building, guests will be greeted by an hacienda-like courtyard decorated in flora by landscape architect Eduardo Peón Velasquez. Throughout the property guests will encounter historic panoramas and the distinct works of industrial designer Aitor Garrido – we’re big admirers of his “Bocina Floripondio” featured in all guestrooms.
Sunshine and lounging awaits at the ARRIBA retractable rooftop which plays host to a pool + bar, terrace, gym, and meeting rooms. Should you be in need of Chocotherapy or a 60-min massage, Flor de Mayo’s in-house spa will revive the senses. Once the itch for the big city arrives, not to worry, if planned well the scenic drive will have you back in Mexico City in under 2 hours.
- Bath Amenities x Flor de Mayo
- Ceramic speaker x Aitor Garrido
- Climate Control
- Free Wi-Fi
- Daily Housekeeping
- Hand-Painted Floors
- Iron + Board
- In-Room Safe
- Light Snacks
- Premium Comforters + Pillows
- Private Bathroom w/ Shower
- Room Service (hours vary)
- Work Desk
- 32-inch flat screen
- Front Desk + Security – 24 hour on site assistance.
- La Tienda – Onsite boutique located on the ground floor featuring the works of Mexican artists/designers and products such as the Bocina Floripondio by Aitor Garrido. Furnishings featured throughout Flor de Mayo are also available to take home.
- Parking – Secure on-site self parking is offered to guests at no additional charge.
- Pool – Flor de Mayo’s dashing pool can be found rooftop at Arriba. Enjoy the inviting outdoor furniture with full staff on weekends ensuring you’re well looked after.
- Restaurant + Bar – Serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner in the dining room + main courtyard, which can become covered on a moments notice. Menu by Chef Victor Olvera Luvinoff focusing on Southeastern and Central Mexican cuisine.
- Rooftop Access – Flor de Mayo’s rooftop area, “Arriba”, overlooks Cuernavaca’s historic downtown. Guests can enjoy refreshments, beer, and cocktails while lounging amongst the urban flora.
- Spa – From stone massages and facials to “Chocotherapy,” you’ll find it on the ground level.
- Fitness – A nice panoramic view never hurts a workout, nor does a punching bag. Luckily Flor de Mayo allows guests the opportunity to enjoy their on-site gym located on the top floor (Arriba).
For more information about Flor De Mayo’s on-site offerings, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours.
- Driving Directions
- Pullman de Morelos – Reliable bus supplier offering round trip transportation from Mexico City to Cuernavaca city center.
EN ROUTE X EN BLOC HOTELS™
As part of the En Bloc experience, we offer ground transportation services for guests booking via En Bloc Hotels™.
Our service will take the hassle out of coordinating your arrival/departure, offering a door-to-door experience to and from Mexico City:
EN ROUTE X EN BLOC HOTELS TERMS + CONDITIONS
- Prices are subject to group size, availability and type of vehicle.
- En Route x En Bloc Hotels™ is an exclusive service for En Bloc Hotel guests of Flor de Mayo.
- Additional stops along the way are billed separately.
- The service is provided by a preferred supplier of En Bloc Hotels™, fee cannot be charged to room.
- Must be booked with 5 day advanced notice.
For more information about En Route x En Bloc Hotels™ or for specific transportation queries please e-mail us at email@example.com, a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours.
- Age Requirements – Flor de Mayo invites guests 16 years of age and older.
- Guests – Additional guests are $80.00 USD per night.
- Location – Flor de Mayo is located within the historic center of Cuernavaca, a bustling neighborhood rich with architecture and tradition.
- Ownership – Flor de Mayo is independently owned + operated.
- Pet Policy – Four legged guests under 12 kg are welcomed for an additional $30.00 USD per night. This does not include food.
- Rollaway – Rollaway beds are not available.
- Security – Flor de Mayo provides 24-hour on-site security. After the final restaurant patrons and guest have left, only registered guests will be allowed inside the front doors + parking.
- Taxes – There is a 16% tax + mandatory 3.75$ hospitality tax.
We like to make sure our guests have everything they need prior to their stay, for more information about Flor De Mayo, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours.
Food + Culture
Neighboring Cuernavaca is one of Mexico’s “Magical Pueblos,” Tepoztlán. A 30 minute drive from Flor de Mayo, Tepoztlán offers a day of exploring the deep valley town steeped in 3,000 years of history, culture, and unmatched climate…View Article
Casa Robert Brady
Robert Brady was an eccentric US expat, art aficionado, and “pathfinder” who came to Cuernavaca for the first time in 1960. Brady decided to plant roots in the city of eternal spring just two years later, purchasing a 16th century building…View Article