Baja California’s Valle de Guadalupe can be credited with providing most of the inspiration behind En Bloc Hotels. With a burgeoning and often underestimated wine + culinary scene, mediterranean climate, sweeping vistas, and direct access from California, this coastal valley became one of our favorite destinations to eat, drink, chill, repeat.
Above Valle de Guadalupe sits an award-winning architectural masterpiece doubling as the ideal dwelling point for a Baja retreat. An amalgamation of steel, glass and wood, each Eco-Loft is perched above the valley with a unique view of the surrounding panorama. Encuentro features a main building, Origen restaurant, Convivia cantina artesanal, vineyard + winery, Eco-Villa, and hilltop pool + bar. The property drapes the Valle de Guadalupe hillside in Mexican wine country, a 90 minute drive south of San Diego, CA.
Each Eco-Loft features its own private deck for guests to take in the views during the day and starscapes at night, accompanied with regional wine and wood-fired chimeneas. A minimalist oyster, the cabins are understated, yet detailed with lustrous modern comfort.
- Audio Aux Input
- Bath Amenities
- Climate Control
- Free Wi-Fi
- Complimentary Water
- Daily Housekeeping
- Handheld Flashlight
- In-Room Safe
- Light Snacks
- Premium Comforters + Pillows
- Private Bathroom w/ Shower
- Two-Way Multi-Channel Radio
- 24-Hour Front Desk + Security – 24 hour on site assistance.
- Convivia Restaurant – First Cantina Artesanal in Valle de Guadalupe, with a variety of mixology, wine and cuisine of the region. Cuisine by Flor Franco, Mixology by Snake Oil.
- Main Building – The main building is open to all visitors. It consists of the lobby, winery, and restaurant + bar.
- Nature Reserve – The Resguardo Silvestre, Spanish for Wilderness Shelter, was designed to highlight the isolation of the desert, singling out the area’s indigenous qualities – something architect Jorge Gracia planned to emphasize.
- Organic Farm – Where there is wine, there is food. At Encuentro Antiresort, the ingredients that go into the food are locally sourced, with the majority being grown on-site in the organic farm.
- Origen Restaurant – Origen is the name of the Baja inspired kitchen at Encuentro Antiresort, housed within the main building serving lunch and dinner using fresh and local ingredients.
- Pool – With panoramic views of the Valle de Guadalupe, the hilltop pool deck beckons the overnight guests to bask in the sun, enjoy a beverage, and enjoy a fresh and locally sourced breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Vines – Encuentro Antiresort boasts more than 30 acres of land dedicated to wine production. Rich soil, a mediterranean climate, and a regional passion for viticulture has yielded some exceptional blends on the property including: Cabernet Franc, Cabernet Sauvignon, Malbec, Merlot, and Nebbiolo.
- Wine Cellar – Discovered during the construction of Encuentro Antiresort, the circular cave beneath the main building serves as the perfect wine cellar, which houses the wines produced on-site, as well as others from the surrounding region. The cellar also serves as an event space, adjacent to the asador kitchen and organic farm.
For more information about Encuentro Antiresort’s on-site offerings, please e-mail email@example.com and a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours.
Driving from San Diego/Tijuana Border Crossing:
1. Take the Rosarito-Ensenada Toll Road (01:15 hrs.)
2. Turn Left to Valle de Guadalupe/Ruta del Vino/Tecate-Ensenada Free Road/MEX 3 (15mins.)
3. From Guadalupe PEMEX Gas Station (1.5km, 1 mile), Encuentro Antiresort will be on your left side. Slow down…pull over.
Driving from Tecate Border Crossing:
1. After crossing the border, take Tecate-Ensenada Free Road (1:15 hrs)
2. You will see the Domeq Winery landmark as your enter Valle de Guadalupe.
3. Encuentro Antiresort will be on your right side (1.5km, 1 mile) Check in time 3:00 PM Check out time 12:00 PM
EN ROUTE x EN BLOC HOTELS
As part of the En Bloc experience, we assist with exclusive rates for international roundtrip ground transportation for guests of Encuentro Antiresort traveling from San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles. Our exclusive service will take the hassle out of coordinating your arrival/departure, offering a door to door experience as well as pick-up/drop-off.
EN ROUTE x EN BLOC HOTELS TERMS + CONDITIONS
- This journey requires a valid passport; no exceptions.
- Prices are subject to group size, availability and type of vehicle.
- En Route x En Bloc Hotels is an exclusive service for guests of Encuentro Antiresort.
- Journey involves crossing an international land border, the law requires that all guests cross back into the U.S. by foot along with all of their personal belongings; no exceptions.
- Additional stops along the way are billed separately.
- The service is provided by a preferred supplier of En Bloc Hotels, fee cannot be charged to room.
- Must be booked with at least 5 days in advance.
For more information about En Route x En Bloc Hotels or for specific transportation queries please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, a member of our team will coordinate a call back within 24 hours.
- Age Requirements – Encuentro Antiresort only allows guests ages 12 and older.
- Communications The Eco Lofts do not feature in-room telephones. The property connects guests to staff 24/7 via handheld 2-way radios. This was done in an effort to allow guests to explore the surroundings whilst being connected at all times.
- Entertainment – The property does not have televisions although the entire property is outfitted with cutting edge wifi.
- Parking – Motor vehicles are not allowed beyond the lobby, which means that all guests must get around the property on foot or via Encuentro’s in-house “shuttle.”
- Pet Policy – Pets under 30lbs are allowed on property with the supervision of their owner at all times. Pet fees do apply, to obtain more information please contact email@example.com.
- Photo Credits – Alejandra Ramirez / Anthony Bacigalupo / Edgar Lima / Luis García
- Room Service – There is no onsite room service, guests are encouraged to rendezvous at one of Encuentro’s 2 outlets.
- Wardrobe – Encuentro Antiresort is located within a protected wilderness reserve. We ask guests to pack accordingly as there are no paved trails and inclement weather can bring rain and cold fronts.
We like to make sure our guests have everything they need prior to their stay, for more information about Encuentro Antiresort, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of our team will contact you within 24 hours.
A short drive down the coast from the San Diego – Tijuana border is the destination that’s kindling people’s thirst for traveling to Mexico’s viticultural epicenter. Beyond the spring break beach towns, would-be resorts….View Adventure